GET OUT & EXPLORE: ACTIVITIES IN ASHEVILLE
There’s so much to see and do in Asheville. That’s precisely why so many people call Asheville home … or their home away from home. Here are some ideas for fun activities in Asheville:
- Craft beer—You don’t have to walk very far in downtown Asheville to find a brewery. There’s Wicked Weed Brewing, Hi-Wire Brewing, Green Man Brewery, and so many more. But, don’t forget these super popular breweries outside of downtown: New Belgium Brewing Company, Hillman Beer, and Highland Brewing, the brewery that’s credited with starting Asheville’s craft beer movement.
- Beer with a twist—Take a spin on the Asheville Pubcycle, or hop on the LaZoom purple bus for a few laughs and a bit of Asheville history.
- Phenomenal food—Looking for a delectable dinner in Asheville? You don’t have to look very far … Chai Pani, Chestnut, Limones, Cucina 24, Curate, Jargon … the list of great restaurants goes on and on.
- Delectable desserts—If you’re a chocoholic, you’re in the right place. Chocolate Fetish has some of the best truffles in town, and French Broad Chocolate Lounge is a can’t miss for a decadent dessert. If you want to see how the magic is made, check out the French Broad Chocolate Factory near the UNC-Asheville campus.
- Art galore—There are so many amazing artists in the popular River Arts District. Michael Hofman, Philip DeAngelo, and Molly Courcelle are a few of our favorites. But, definitely check out the state-of-the-art Asheville Art Museum that re-opened in November 2019 after a $24 million renovation and expansion.
- The Biltmore Estate—Visit the historic Biltmore Estate, tour the house, partake in a specialty wine experience, and enjoy a fabulous meal at one of the Estate’s famed restaurants. Helpful hint–Book your tickets to tour the house well in advance, and plan to enter the gate 30-45 minutes before your tour time. The estate is huge, and it will take you a while to drive from the gate house to the parking area.
- Take a hike … literally—Get out into the mountains and take a hike to see expansive views or tucked-away waterfalls. Whether you want an easy, moderate, or strenuous hike, there’s a fun trail to suit every level in the mountains surrounding Asheville.